Online Shopping and Browsing:
- Amazon - With holiday deal promos, free shipping, and other rich online features – Amazon is often a first stop for many shoppers. A feature that is especially useful around the holidays is the Wish List Feature. Not only is there a list of product ideas to aid gift giving, there is also the option to create a custom gift list. They recently added a Universal Wish List Button which offers one click link you can add to your bookmarks bar. It allows you to easily add any item (from any website) to your Amazon Wish List.
- Pinterest – A favorite for general browsing (of everything visual), Pinterest last year announced the introduction of “Secret Boards.” These are a great way to save gift ideas for yourself or other people on your list. Currently limited to 3 secret boards per user, to start simply scroll to the bottom of your current boards and select “create a Secret Board” option.
- FatWallet – For shoppers looking to save this holiday season, fatwallet.com is a top ranked website for online shoppers looking for cash back, coupon or general sales information. Registered users can create online wish lists that can be shared via email or on your Facebook page (via Facebook app).
- Kaboodle – Although a bit more niche than some of the other “shopping” sites, Kaboodle has a small, enthusiastic user base (est 35K users). Kaboodle is a great place for gift inspiration. Think of it as Pinterest focused on wish lists. They have other unique features such as polls (which dress should I buy?), a custom feed of your friend’s activities, etc. Worth checking out if you are not sure what to buy someone on your list
- Wish List – This service basically provides the ability to add products from any retailer on the Internet to a single list. Although this website does not have as many social features as the other list sites, it does have a unique mobile feature which lets you use a camera phone to send items directly to your account while out shopping (helpful if have small children browsing a toys store).
In Store Browsing and Mobile Shopping:
- The Find – This app allows you to find the best price for what you are looking for. Unique feature is ability to scan a bar code in the store and price match against current online sales and deals. Note, Amazon offers a similar feature but it only checks against its own online pricing for similar products
- PriceGrabber - Price Grabber not only let’s you scan bar codes in stores to compare prices, but it also offers the ability to set price alerts and get notified when your price alert has been met.
- Offerlink - This app allows you to track your favorite stores and get alerts when new offers are available. Also provides ability to save special offers and get alerts when it is about to expire (so you make sure not to pass up a good deal). A good app for the holidays and all year round.
- Retail Me Not – Also a top ranked shopping site, their app allows you to save coupons to use on the web or in-store. Nice feature is ability to show your phone to use the coupon in the store (no need to print off coupons anymore)
- Shopular - This app gives you the inside scoop on the best in-store deals while you are shopping . Simply download the app and when you walk into your favorite stores, a coupon or notification of a deal will pop up on your phone. If you prefer to shop in the malls – this app is for you.
Happy shopping season! Be sure to share any additional online sites, features or apps that make spending this holiday season a little easier!